I received my Master of Arts in Counseling from Dallas Baptist University in 2009, and completed my internship for Licensed Professional Counselor in 2014. I am currently in private practice in Cedar Hill, TX (south Dallas county).
My experience includes helping clients with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, pornography recovery, trauma, and abuse issues. I enjoy working with adolescents and young adults, helping to pave the way toward healthy adulthood. I specialize in the unique issues facing Third Culture Kids, Adult Third Culture Kids, and overseas workers.
My goal is to support all my clients, regardless of race, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation, toward a life of health and wholeness that is consistent with their own values and God's loving care for them. I am LGBTQ affirming.
My personal journey out of anxiety, depression, and despair motivates every part of my counseling practice. I find enormous satisfaction in helping clients find their way through their own dark days, into light and Love.
Things to know before you start counseling
- The most important factor in successful counseling is the relationship between the client and the therapist.
- You should feel safe and respected at all times.
- You should understand what is happening, and why, in therapy.
- Therapy may bring up difficult emotions, and it will probably be hard work.
- You should still feel safe and respected, even if therapy is tough at times.
- I may recommend journaling, books to read, and/or groups to attend, to help with the healing process.
- Normally, we will meet once a week for 50 minutes.
- I like to think in terms of 6 sessions to begin with. We may need more sessions, and we can assess that together, going forward.
- Therapy is for you. You may leave therapy at any time, with no obligation to me.
- If I am unable to provide the help you need, I will provide you with referrals to further resources for your care.
- I may ask you to see a doctor if I feel that medical issues are contributing to the presenting problems.
Cost of counseling
- Sessions are $75 each.
- I do not file insurance, but I can provide you with a receipt which you can file against your insurance deductible if you wish.
- I am able to offer online sessions to clients overseas, via Skype.
- Discounted rates are available to overseas workers in need. Please inquire.
For more information, please call 972-807-3540, or use the contact form below.